2698 Pacific Avenue
Exceptional Classical Revival Mansion in the heart of Pacific Heights.
This +/-11,000 square foot residence was one of the best known and best loved designs of famed architects Newsom and Newsom. This 1904 masterpiece is described by a well-known architectural historian as follows, “… the temple portico is beautiful, the symmetry of the house… is perfect”. The entry foyer, formal library, living room, and dining room are among the most sublime and sumptuous public rooms in all San Francisco, and are currently being restored to their original splendor. There are panoramic bay views from the top floor entertainment room, and dramatic north facing veranda; pleasant views of the bay from the master bedroom and master bath; and even a hint of blue water from the dining room. When complete, this piece of our city’s history will surely be one of the grandest homes in town.
• Complete rehabilitation project in progress, including seismic upgrades; a “studs out” renovation on all 4 floors.
• Grand entertaining rooms with 11-12ft ceilings and architecturally stunning period details.
• Top floor features panoramic views of the bay, living/media room with walk out deck and additional guest suites.
• 8 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms + 2 half bathrooms; generous master suite with separate dressing room and bay views.
• Ground floor features wine cellar, exercise room, family/playroom, 2 guest suites.